The Programme offers 5 fee-paying places.
Entrance examination is based on portfolio (applications ranking). The portfolio includes:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree (with transcript)
- Document(s) attesting to the level of foreign (English) language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge CAE, Cambridge CPE, Cambridge FCE, or document(s) certifying that the applicant studied in English at an international university for no less than one semester)
- Motivation letter in English
- Essay on one of the topics below in English:
- Burning problems of the globalization of social life in the modern world
- Cultural diversity and ethnic conflicts in modern Europe
- Migration processes in European democracies: challenges and perspectives
- The changing role of nation states in modern Europe
- Transformations of social inequality systems in global perspective
- Transformation of identities under the conditions of European integration
- Globalization and changes in everyday practices of people
- Key social problems of contemporary European societies
- Documents certifying the personal academic and professional achievements of the applicant
Admission deadline for foreign citizens applying for fee-paying places: July 8 (Attention: the deadline could be modified. You can get in touch with us and we will keep you updated).
Portfolio evaluation: July 8 – August 8.
You can upload your portfolio on the website of St. Petersburg State University (an online account is to be created first, choose English or Russian version):
For more details: